project simplify: decluttering my closet, the before & after

March 11, 2011 at 11:50 PM
I started reading through Tsh Oxenreider's wonderful book, Organized Simplicity, about one month ago. I am really enjoying her focus on how living simply means aligning with your purpose.

However, I was still feeling a bit overwhelmed at where to start decluttering first. Enter Project Simplify. Starting earlier this week, Tsh of SimpleMom is going to lead us through 5 weeks of decluttering and organizing our homes! Yay! I was so excited to read about this. It's kind of like a sew-along, but instead we all declutter-along! Anyway, this weeks focus was our closet. This was really an important one for me because it's an area that I've been really neglecting. Here is the before shot:

before

And here is the after:

after

I don't actually have many clothes. A lot of extraneous stuff was in this closet before. Now I can really see what I have and what the gaps are in my wardrobe. Hopefully, this will help me sew (and shop) with a better plan to help fill in those gaps.

Happy decluttering, everyone!

namaste,
sony
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...