being present, letting go, and doing what I love

September 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM

butterfly


Well, hello there. I'm tickled that this is my first blog post and that you are reading it! I wish for this blog to be an inspiring and uplifting place to chronicle my journey with all of my creative pursuits while nurturing harmony in my home, in my family and in myself.

I yearn to live life fluidly. I've set goals for myself for years and I've accomplished many of them. But the constant striving means that I never feel as if I've "arrived" at my destination; however, I've actually grown in countless ways as a human "becoming" over the past ten to fifteen years. So, as suggested here, I'm going to try to break free from goals.

Now, as a mother of two young children, letting go of goals and expectations is something that I struggle with on a daily basis. But after five years of mothering, I've come to realize that being present and letting go of expectations are essential to achieving a more harmonious life with children.

Doing what I love replenishes me so that I have the ability to remain mindful with my family. Over the course of my life, I haven't given my creative interests much time or attention. Now, after the birth of my second child, I feel a compulsion to create and be creative and to connect with others. I can no longer deny it. Creating, whether it's via sewing or photography or cooking, fulfills me and sustains me. Come, join me, let's be present, let go and do what we love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...