Summer Essentials Sew-Along

June 23, 2010 at 12:13 PM
I've decided to join the summer essentials sew-along that seemed to morph out of the "Me-Made-May" challenge that many online sewists participated in. Since the goal is to make around five summer clothing items by August, I think it's very doable (I hope, anyway). It's so much fun to see what everyone else is making. I'm going to probably make at least 2 or 3 versions of my new favourite pattern (Simplicity 3835). I'm not sure what planet I've been living on since I've been sewing for just over a year now and I've just discovered this pattern! Granted, I was mainly sewing for my kids at first.
I'll also try to make at least 2 skirts. Maybe I'll try a pair of knee-length shorts...maybe...we'll see.
shorts refashioned from old polo shirt
shorts refashioned from old t-shirt
These two pairs of shorts that I made for my son have been refashioned from old t-shirts. Basically, I made these to get practice with using my serger with knit fabrics. They're nothing fancy but they'll make do as play shorts!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...