skirts, part two

October 23, 2009 at 10:38 AM
forest walk
(The above photo was taken a few days ago while on a walk with my family through the little forest behind our house. The light was just so beautiful at that time of day.)

Okay, I finally got around to taking a photo of the last skirt that I made. Every time I remembered, it was evening and there was no natural light for the photograph. So, I chucked the photography perfectionism and just took a photo of it on my cutting table.

This one is my daughter's favourite one even though peach and orange are not really her favourite colours (yes, you guessed it, she's a pink and purple girl). But, notice the mermaids? Oh, the mermaids were a big hit with her!

lazy days skirt - mermaids

The fourth lazy day skirt that I made was actually for my cousin's daughter. I really loved this fabric. It was a double-gauze cotton that was quite soft. However, it was a bit on the sheer side so I did line this skirt with some plain white broadcloth. I read and read about how to line skirts and in the end I just pinned the two pieces of fabric together and made the skirt as if it were one piece of fabric. Yes, the waistband casing did get a little bit bulky, but it was still manageable. This was such a fun fabric with the princess and the pea motif (designed by Heather Ross). I paired the skirt with Lauren Child's wonderful Princess and the Pea book for a well-received birthday gift.

princess and pea lazy day skirt

Currently, I'm working on pajamas for my daughter. (Yes, the Halloween costume for my son is next on the list.) I had to bump up the pajama project since my husband has been reminding me (often) of my daughter's need for warm pajamas now that the weather has turned colder. Here's hoping all of you are enjoying warm and cozy nights, wherever you are.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...