Playing catch-up

March 22, 2010 at 1:54 PM
Well, I'm not doing a very good job of blogging regularly, am I?

Today I'm just going to post a random assortment of some finished projects that I haven't blogged about yet.

kimono dress

fairy fabric

First is the above dress that I made for my daughter last Christmas. It's the Kyoko pattern from Patty Young's Modkid boutique. Please note the fabric with fairies on it. Despite the lovely fairies, my "i-love-pink-and-purple" girl did not like this dress. {Sigh} It is now hanging in my sewing room as reminder to get my daughter's opinion on colours and fabrics before making anything for her.

bedtime story pajamas

These pajamas are the Bedtime Story pajama pattern from Oliver + S. This project taught me to make sure you use every inch of your fabric when you lay out your pattern pieces so as not to waste any fabric and inadvertently run out of fabric! Yes, that is why the top and bottom are different fabrics. (I was so sure I had enough of the floral fabric...I didn't bother to measure beforehand!).

refashioned pants

And, finally, these are some refashioned elastic waist yoga style pants I made for my daughter from one of my old pair of pants that were unflattering. It was great that the hem and the outer seams were already done.

Yes, yes, I know, I know....I'm supposed to be working on stuff for myself...and I am...it's just going a little slower than I would like...but that's okay. I'm enjoying the process nonetheless:)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...