I made something for me!

March 24, 2010 at 10:47 AM
IMG_4166

So, earlier this year I made a resolution of making at least 10 pieces of clothing for myself this year. Here's my first one! These are the yoga pants pattern from the S.E.W. Sew Everything Workshop book. But I made them into pajama pants instead. Yes, yes, I know - it's a bit of a cop-out making something that I won't actually wear in public. But, hey, it is technically a clothing item for myself. And, I did practice Nancy Ziemann's fitting techniques on the pattern so I'm fairly happy with the fit. I would have preferred the waistband to sit about an inch lower but now I know for the next time I make these.

And the scale of the floral print is far to large for my petite frame...but I don't care! (I did mention I would never wear these in public, right?) I love them and I've already enjoyed wearing them. All right, next up is a skirt...woohoo! I find the creative process of sewing and creating so exhilarating! I'm trying to improve my skills as rapidly as I can...I have to keep reminding myself to take baby steps and enjoy the process.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...