Some shrugs for the Canadian Princess

April 7, 2010 at 10:14 AM
I've been trying to do some sewing. It's a bit slow going over here as both kids get over some early spring colds. I sewed my first item from the book, Sewing Clothes Kids Love: a shrug for my daughter. I sewed the navy blue one first as my muslin.
IMG_4178

Sewing the rounded hem on the front part of the shrug was a bit challenging, especially as this blue knit was a bit on the thin side. So, I decided the leave the edges raw for the red one (which was the knit fabric my daughter chose herself at the fabric store).

IMG_4183

And, I am working on a top for myself using Jalie 2805. I just have to hem the sleeves and the bottom of the t-shirt as well as finish binding the neckline. Hopefully I'll post a photo soon. It's been a great learning experience. Happy spring sewing (or whatever other creative endeavour you're pursuing)!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...