Birthday gifts

September 24, 2010 at 5:41 PM
dj birthday 2010
Wow. My daughter turned six this week. Six! I've been wanting to make her a birthday crown since last year and I finally did it (pattern from The Creative Family by Amanda Soule). I also made her a fabric dollhouse using this wonderful tutorial, and, while most of it is finished, I still need to applique some windows and doors onto it (so no finished project photo yet).
Groovy Girls lehnga and salwar kameez
My cousin's daughter's fourth birthday was just two days before my daughter's birthday and I made her some Indian outfits for her Groovy Girl dolls. The one on the left is a lehnga (a short top with a long skirt) and the one on the right is a salwar kameez (a long tunic top over pants). Both of them include a dupatta or chunni, which is the long, light scarf usually worn with these outfits. My daughter liked these so much that I had to make her a doll lehnga outfit, too!
And look at the lovely doll outfit that my daughter received from her grandmother. So cute!
doll clothes
doll clothes

For the Lady Grey coat sew-along, I'm still at the "altering the pattern stage" before I make a muslin. Also, sewing for gifts has not allowed me to have time to really do much kids clothing week challenge sewing except for tracing out one pattern and choosing some fabric. Ah well, I'll just extend the challenge for myself to next week (and likely beyond)!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...