fabric reveal

September 13, 2010 at 11:54 PM
fabric for lady grey
So here are the fabrics that I've chosen for my Lady Grey coat. I love, love, love these fabrics. I was originally looking for a dark plum wool for the outer shell but after searching and searching and not quite finding what I wanted, I happened to find this absolutely gorgeous fuchsia 100% wool. So, fuchsia it is.
lady grey shell fabric
I was either going to go with rayon or cotton voile for a lining, but then, oh then, after I found the aforementioned gorgeous wool fabric, I found this luscious pink and gold poly-silk blend fabric. (Is it called a brocade? I'm not sure).
lady grey lining fabric
It was love at first sight, I tell you.
P.S. Did you know that fuchsia is one of the most misspelled words in the English language? (The things we learn every single day...)
P.P.S. I think I'm also going to join kids clothes week challenge for next week - it's a busy time but both of my skinny kids need pants! Let's see if I can fit even more sewing time in.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...